It’s time to celebrate Vulcan’s 113th birthday at his annual Birthday Bash! Vulcan may be the world’s largest cast iron statue, but he still needs help blowing out his birthday candles!
Birmingham is fortunate to have such a historic monument, but the fact that he is surrounded by a beautiful park where you can take your family for a killer outing is a nice bonus! When’s the last time you packed up the kids and headed to Vulcan Park and Museum? There’s plenty to do, great outdoor space, and let’s not forget some of Birmingham’s most stunning views are seen from the open deck. Hitting the Big Guy’s big party might be a perfect way to reacquaint yourself with all this great destination has to offer.
Vulcan’s 113th Birthday Bash
Sunday, June 4th
Noon – 4:00 pm
Adult Admission: $8
Child Admission (5 and up): $6
Admission is free for Vulcan Park and Museum members and kids 4 and under.
Check out all that your family can expect from this huge party! The list is still growing!
- Characters from the Birmingham Barons
- Activation station
- Native Alabama animals from the Birmingham Zoo (only from Noon – 2:00)
- Next generation game room
- Kids Zone
- Activities from Railroad Park, Red Mountain Park, and McWane Science Center
- Live airplane or helicopter from the Southern Museum of Flight
- Vulcan’s Birthday Bash coloring pages illustrated by the artist for the new Down in the ‘Ham children’s book to be released this year
- Get Rhythm! Drum Circle
- Magic Town Clowns
- Face painting
- Live music
- Hula hoop activities and performance
- Bounce house
- Interactive engineering games and activities
- Photo booth
- Arts and crafts
- Rock climbing wall
- Stationary slack-line system
- Lawn games
- Repicci’s Italian Ice
- Food trucks
- Vulcan’s 113th Birthday Bash t-shirts available for purchase
- Commemorative brick unveiling
Best of all…
There will be FREE cookies and ice cream provided by Bud’s Best and Piggly Wiggly following the “Happy Birthday” song!